Friday, May 8, 2009

Philippians 1:3



Since being home from the hospital, I have been humbled by the outpouring of love from family & friends. They have showered me with cards, flowers, gifts and meals. I think Harlan has only made a couple of meals since I came home two weeks ago. One of my gifts was this plaque that I have displayed in our family room. This verse says exactly how I feel about each one of my friends.


My friend, Kylee, came over on Tuesday afternoon and weeded my flower beds. To her it was a small act of kindness but to me it spoke volumes of her love for me. We had a wonderful time visiting over those weeds as I sat in a nearby chair watching her pull away.


To each one of my friends, I thank my God every time I remember you!

1 comment:

Kylee Baumle said...

Marsha, my dear, dear friend... I'm ashamed to say that I'm just now reading this for the first time. I could have sworn I visited your blog since you wrote this, but obviously not. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Such a wonderful, relaxing way to visit with a healing friend. Such a simple thing, yet I'll remember it always. It IS the simple things that are so precious in this life, isn't it? I love you!