Saturday, February 16, 2008

Being Still in South Mountain







About a month ago, Harlan & I spent a week in Phoenix, AZ with our son, Jared. There were a lot of fun times during our week there but one of my favorites was our time spent hiking in South Mountain. Two mornings that we, we dropped Jared off at work and headed to the mountain for geocaching/hiking. I loved everything about it...the exercise, the scenery, the weather and the person I was with.

Although Harlan and I were together, he was usually several feet ahead of me. This newly diagnosed heart condition leaves me a little more breathless. During my time alone, it gave me a chance to talk with God ("Lord, please help me make it up this mountain!" °Ü° )

It was a great time to reflect on everything He has so graciously given to me.....to us all! We just need to take the time to read of His promises, His love for us and enjoy our surroundings. So, for a minute or two, look at the views of and from South Mountain and listen to God's voice speaking to you. It's also a great opportunity to thank Him for all the blessings we've been given. Amen? Amen!

No comments: