Friday, April 4, 2008

Tools for Transformation

God has used many practices and experiences to shape my life. I've found these six regular disciplines have helped me grow and become more like Christ. I recommend them all to you.
  1. Developing a Quiet Time. As I sit quietly to read my Bible and other devotional materials, write in my journal and pray, He leads me in the way I should go.
  2. Memorizing Scrpiture. Hiding God's word in my heart changes my thinking and prepares me for the future.
  3. Listening to Others. I am so thankful for Christian wisdom I receive through, books, sermons, Christian radio stations, and godly friends. They all help point me in the right direction.
  4. Journaling. This helps remind me of God's faithfulness and keeps me accountable.
  5. Gathering with fellow believers. When two or more are gathered together, God is there with us.
  6. The altar. Laying it all on the altar, whether at home or church, helps me stay strong in my commitment to obey what God is speaking to my heart.

I leave you with 1 Samuel 10:6 "The Spirit of the Lord will come upon you in power....and you will be changed into a different person. "

No comments: